Easter candy is as much a part of the holiday as the Easter Bunny himself. This year, turn ordinary Easter candy into fun and creative crafts that kids will love.
Jelly bean necklace craft
- Large jelly beans
- Cut a long piece of thread and slide the end of the thread through the eye of the needle.
- Carefully slide each jelly bean onto the needle and thread. Slide the jelly bean all the way to the end of the thread, leaving about 3 extra inches for tying off.
- Keep adding jelly beans to the thread until you have enough jelly beans to fill a necklace.
- Tie the 2 ends of the thread together, then the necklace is ready to wear!
Candy carrot treat bags
- Pointed plastic treat bags
- Small Easter candy
- Green tulle
- Open the top of a plastic treat bag. If you can’t find treat bags in a pointed shape, plastic piping bags from the baking section will work.
- Fill the bag 2/3 full with small Easter candy.
- Cut a piece of green tulle that is 3 inches wide and 8 inches long.
- Use the tulle to tie off the top of the carrot.
Candy box Easter basket
- 4 boxes of Easter candy
- Easter grass
- Glitter card stock (12 x 12-inch square)
- Assorted Easter candy for filling
- Take 4 boxes of Easter candy that are approximately the same size. Lay them out so that they form a square box, then glue the ends together to hold them in place.
- Cut a piece of glitter card stock that is large enough to cover the bottom of the box, then glue it in place.
- Cut a second piece of glitter card stock that is 2 inches wide and 12 inches long. Glue it to 2 opposing sides of the box to create the handle.
- Fill the inside of the basket with Easter grass, then top the grass with assorted Easter candy.