St. Patrick's Day treats to make with the kids
Get the kids in the kitchen and whip up these fun and festive treats for St. Patrick's Day. Your kids will gobble these up before the leprechauns have a chance to steal them away!
Leprechaun snack mix recipe
- 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup green M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine Lucky Charms, Chex and pretzels.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave the brown sugar mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Carefully pour the brown sugar mixture over the Lucky Charms mixture.
- Toss the mixture until it is evenly coated.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then toss in M&M's and serve.
Rainbow in a jar
- Mason jar
- Line the bottom of a Mason jar with two layers of Rolos.
- Separate out the Skittles by color, then layer them with purple on the bottom followed by green, yellow, orange and red.
- Place the lid on the Mason jar, then decorate with a ribbon, if desired.
Rainbow pudding cup
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Red, yellow and blue food coloring
- Whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant vanilla pudding mix with 3 cups milk.
- Whisk together for 2 minutes, then refrigerate for 5 minutes until the pudding is set.
- Set out 6 bowls, then divide the pudding evenly into 3 of the bowls.
- Mix red, yellow and blue food coloring in with the 3 bowls of pudding.
- Mix the primary colors together to make the rest of the colors of the rainbow. Blue and red will make purple, yellow and blue will make green, and yellow and red will make orange.
- Layer a couple of spoonfuls of purple pudding in the bottom of the clear cup.
- Next, add a layer of blue, followed by green, yellow, orange and red.
- Top the cup with some whipped cream and garnish with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the pudding cups until serving.