While many famous parents aim for weird baby names, others opt for lovely, more traditional monikers. We’ve put together a list of our favorites. Do you agree with our selections?
Americans are fascinated by celebrity babies. We predict when pregnancy announcements will be made. We ogle red carpet baby bumps.
But perhaps our favorite part of this pastime is critiquing the celebs’ baby name choices — and we’ve picked these as the best of 2013.
The best celebrity boy names of 2013
- Antonio Andres — Paula Garces didn’t win any best-name contests when she named her daughter Skye Mahoney, but she deserves a blue ribbon for the refreshingly normal name she chose for her son.
- Asher James and Oliver Charles — Jamie Anne Allman chose a fabulous twinset for her baby boys.
- Camden Quinn and Camden William — Camden takes on two completely different feels depending on the middle name. These belong to the sons of Johnathon Schaech and Eric Gunderson, respectively.
- Carter Seven — Dad is Brent Seabrook, #7 on the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Elijah Joseph Daniel — Sir Elton John added another son to his family in January 2013.
- Ellis James — This name is so nice for a boy, and it goes so beautifully with his twin sister’s name, Elizabeth Mae. Way to go mom Samantha Brown!
Find inspiration from this list of edgy, trendy baby names >>
- George Alexander Louis — The world was thrilled to welcome Will and Kate’s son, the future King of England.
- Knox Addison Alan — This little guy is the first child for The Mentalist star Amanda Righetti and film director Jordan Alan.
- Lincoln Marshall — Teen Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry gave the same name to their son that Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard gave to their daughter, Lincoln!
- Logan Vincent — Tamar Braxton opted for a traditional masculine name for her baby boy.
- Louis Augustus — David Walton and Majandra Delfino combined to classic boy names for their new son.
- Quinnlann Clancy — Maggie Rizer changed up the trendy unisex name Quinn for something truly new and unique.
- Valentin Francesco — Ali Landry chose a name that will pair wonderfully with siblings Estela Ines and Marcelo Alejandro and the family surname, Monteverde.
The best celebrity girl names of 2013
- Ava Berlin — We love that Jeremy Renner paired his daughter’s traditional first name with a funky middle name.
- Carmen Gabriela — Beautiful and classic describe the name Alec and Hilaria Baldwin chose for their first baby together.
- Charlotte Easton — Rachael Leigh Cook opted for Easton as a middle name, while Colin Hanks named his daughter Charlotte Bryant.
- Elizabeth Mae — Television host Samantha Brown is mom, and twin brother is Ellis James.
- Everly — Expect to see more of this trendy moniker now that Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan have chosen it.
- Helene Claire — French Stewart of 3rd Rock from the Sun fame selected a charming French name for his little girl.
- Holiday Grace — This is the third daughter for Harold Perrineau, whose first two are named Aurora and Wynter.
- Ruby Lane — What an adorable name personal trainer Chris Powell chose for his baby girl!