There is something about magnets that is totally captivating for kids. Watch your children enjoy hours of fun with these amazing magnet activities!
DIY magnet board craft
- Metal cookie sheet
- Ink-jet printer
- Printable magnet paper
- Clip art program
- Load your ink-jet printer with printable magnet paper.
- Use a clip art program to print out a variety of images on the printable magnet paper.
- Cut out each image from the magnet paper.
- Have your child stick the magnets to the metal cookie sheet to make different scenes on the magnet board.
Go-fish magnet craft
- Baby socks
- Metal washer
- Wooden dowel
- Place a magnet inside the toe of each baby sock.
- Fill the baby sock with stuffing, then cut a piece of ribbon and tie off the open end of the sock to make the fish.
- Use a drill to make a small hole in the end of the wooden dowel. Slide the string through the hole and tie a knot in it to keep it in place.
- Tie a metal washer to the other end of the string.
- Use the metal washer to “fish” for the magnetic fish.
Magnet bottle craft
- Empty clear plastic bottle
- Colorful pipe cleaners
- Heavy-duty magnet
- Clean out and dry a clear plastic bottle.
- Cut colorful pipe cleaners into small sections.
- Put the pipe cleaner pieces inside the bottle, then screw the cap on the bottle.
- Use the heavy-duty magnet on the outside of the bottle to pull the pipe cleaner pieces around the bottle.