Christmas decorations aren’t just for the living room! See our favorite ways to decorate your little elf’s room for the holidays.
Merry and bright
If your baby’s room is full of colorful hues, then use the cheery color palette as a springboard for bright holiday accents. A mini collection of prints makes an affordable gallery of artwork to hang over the crib and your baby will love looking at the colorful graphics as they’re nodding off to sleep. Colorful garlands and chains can stick around after the holidays as whimsical nursery accents — if you don’t want to steal them for yourself that is.
- Woodland mini collection (Children Inspire Design, $22)
- Fabric Chain (The Land of Nod, $25)
- Embroidered stocking (Pottery Barn Teen, $25)
- Christmas nesting dolls (The Pippa & Ike Show, $33)
- Tassel garland in bright multicolor (Confetti System, $130)
- Polka dot crib sheet in aqua (Babies R Us, $20)
A combination of blue, white and gray hues works beautifully with a neutral nursery. Small decorative touches like snowflakes and ice skates give the space a seasonal spin that has staying power long past the peak holiday season. Swapping out a cotton crib sheet for a warm chamois version will keep your baby warm and cozy during those chilly winter nights.
- Baby It’s Cold Outside printable (Etsy, $10)
- Ice skate stocking (Pottery Barn Kids, $25)
- Festive felt garland (The Land of Nod, $16)
- Chamois crib fitted sheet (Pottery Barn Kids, $23)
- Personalized mitten ornament (Etsy, $14)
- Threshold ceramic penguin (Target, $15)
Nothing says Christmas like the classic combination of red and green. Use this year as an opportunity to start collecting fun decorative accents that your little one can grow into. Your baby might not know the magic of Elf on the Shelf yet, but it would look great on display. Swap out nursery wall art for a favorite holiday memory like baby’s first visit to Santa on a canvas.