3 Unique painting ideas
Put away those boring watercolors and try something new with paint! Kids will love these creative painting ideas that are a break from the ordinary.
Tissue paper watercolor art
- Watercolor paper
- Colored tissue paper
- Spray bottle
- Tear up pieces of the colored tissue paper and lay them across the surface of the watercolor paper, until the paper is completely covered.
- Fill the spray bottle with water and spray the tissue paper until it is completely damp.
- Leave the tissue paper in place for at least 30 minutes, then remove the tissue paper to reveal the watercolor design underneath.
Tip: For best results, use tissue paper that has a matte finish, rather than a glossy finish.
Homemade puffy paints
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- Food coloring
- Squeeze bottles
- In a medium bowl, mix together the water, flour and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to individual squeeze bottles.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each individual bottle, then put the lid on and shake the bottle until the color is well mixed.
- Squeeze the paint out of the bottle to use the puffy paint.
Tie-dye painted sun catcher
- White fabric
- Small embroidery hoop
- Rubbing alcohol
- Stretch the fabric over the embroidery hoop.
- Color on the fabric with washable markers.
- Drip rubbing alcohol over the marker to make it spread like tie-dye.
- Once the fabric has dried, tie a piece of ribbon through the top of the embroidery hoop, then use the ribbon to hang the sun catcher in the window.