81 Celebrity Baby Boy Names We Love — From Hipster to All-American
If there's one thing celebrities are good at, it's having adorable babies (with ridiculously good genes) and giving them adorable names to match. And when it comes to baby boys bred from A-list stars, there's a name trend for everyone — whether your style leans surfer, hipster, cowboy or somewhere in between.
Yup, it's a celeb baby name bonanza! We rounded up the coolest celebrity baby boy names we're loving these days.
Tough baby names
Are you looking for a tough-sounding baby name for your little one? These names have a swagger about them that will make your kid feel as cool as he is. Many of these names are totally unique as well as easy to spell and pronounce.
- Ace: Jessica Simpson
- Apollo: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale
- Axl: Fergie and Josh Duhamel's son
- Caius: Mercedes Mason and David Denman
- Cruz: Victoria Beckham and David Beckham
- Cree Taylor: Tia Mowry
- Dante: Christopher Meloni
- Dexter: Diana Krall and Elvis Costello
- Exton: Robert Downey Jr.
- Francisco: Lin-Manuel Miranda and Vanessa Nadal
- Gunner: Brandon Flowers
- Hawkins: Tony Romo
- Holden: Brendan Fraser
- Jack Adam: Jamie-Lynn Sigler
- Jax: Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon
- Knox: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Magnus: Elizabeth Banks
- Maddox: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Phoenix: Jillian Michaels
- Remington: Kelly Clarkson
- Rocco: Madonna
- Silas: Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel'
- Strummer: Julia Stiles and Preston J. Cook
- Theo: Bryce Dallas Howard
- Titus: Jonathan Jackson
- Zuma: Gwen Stefani
- Zev: Marissa Jaret Winokur
You're likely asking, "Who says hipster anymore?" You're right; being called a hipster is a thing of the past, but you can't deny what a hipster name sounds and looks like. When we say "hipster," we mean unique and borderline preppy — and never too trendy or cheesy. Despite the hipster phase seemingly fading out, these baby names are still in. Here are some of our favorites.
- Otis: Tobey Maguire and Jen Meyer; Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis
- Flynn: Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom
- Abel: Amy Poehler and Will Arnett
- Bernard (Barney): Bridget Regan
- Bingham (Bing): Kate Hudson and Matthew Bellamy
- Anderson: Edie Falco
- Archie: Amy Poehler and Will Arnett
- Asher: Campbell Brown
- Atlas: Anne Heche
- Barron: Donald and Melania Trump
- Bowen: Drew Brees
- Brooks: Molly Sims
- Charlie Wolf: Zooey Deschanel and Jacob Pechenik
- Cosimo: Beck and Marissa Ribisi
- Dashiell: Cate Blanchett
- Everly: Anthony Kiedis
- Emerson: Curtis Stone
- Gideon: Neil Patrick Harris
- Leo: Jaime King
- Livingston: Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves
- Luke: Eddie and Hannah Redmayne
- Miles: Ginger Zee
- Shai: Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
A version of this article was originally published in December 2013.