With some empty glass jars or candle holders, a dusting of glitter spray and a few snowflake stickers, your kids can create these sweet snowflake luminaries to light up their winter.
Winter is in full swing and the shorter days are bringing nightfall earlier. Your family will love watching the glittery glow from these snowflake luminaries each evening. And the best part is that your kids can make these with just a bit of help from you and they’ll undoubtedly be so proud of their handiwork! They may even love these so much that they’ll want to make them again to give as Christmas gifts.
- Snowflake stickers
- Glass jars or candle holders
- Krylon Glitter Spray
- Tea lights or larger candles
- Rubbing alcohol
- Optional: Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish
- Happy little assistant
- Gather your glass jars or candle holders. This is a great opportunity to use up those jars you’ve been saving to repurpose. Baby food, jelly or even mason jars are perfect for this sparkly craft.
- Protect your work surface with newspaper or paper grocery bags, cut open.
- Have your assistant soak a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and completely wipe the outside of the jars. Carefully apply the snowflake stickers to the clean glass surface.
- Turn your jars or candle holders over. Shake glitter spray for a couple minutes and spray the jars with thin, even coats in a sweeping motion. (This step is best done by an adult.)
- Allow glitter spray to dry completely, roughly 2 hours.
- Optional step: With jars still upside down on the protected surface, spray evenly with the clear finish. I skipped this step as I won’t be handling these enough for any glitter that may fall off to be a problem. If you’re going to be moving these luminaries around, this step will help to prevent you from leaving a trail of glitter behind you!
- Carefully peel off the snowflake stickers and discard. Insert the tea lights or candles into your jars, light and sit back and enjoy!