Snowman crafts for kids
Snowmen are cute and cheerful winter decorations that will last the entire winter season, not just until Christmas. Check out these cute snowman crafts that are perfect for kids to make all winter long.
Sweater snowman craft
- White sweater
- Patterned sweater
- White yarn
- Wooden buttons
- Black buttons
- Fabric glue or hot glue
- Black puffy paint
- Orange puffy paint
- Cut off one sleeve from the white sweater. Turn the sleeve inside out, then gather one end of the sleeve and tie it closed with a piece of white yarn.
- Turn the sleeve right side out and begin filling it with stuffing. Fill the bottom 8 inches of the sleeve with stuffing, then tie off around the sleeve with yarn.
- Fill another 6 inches of the sleeve with more stuffing, then tie off the sleeve a second time. Trim away any extra sleeve.
- Cut a 6-inch piece off of a sleeve from the patterned sweater. Cut a piece of yarn and tie a bow around one end of the sleeve. Roll the other end of the sleeve and slide it over the snowman's head.
- Cut another 6-inch piece of sleeve from the patterned sweater and slide it over the body of the snowman, then glue 2 wooden buttons to the body of the snowman.
- Cut a long, skinny piece of the sweater that is 2-inches wide and 18-inches long to make the scarf. Cut slits in both ends of the scarf to make fringe, then tie the scarf around the snowman's neck.
- Glue 2 black buttons to the snowman's face to make the eyes. Make the snowman's mouth with dots of black puffy paint, then paint on the carrot nose with the orange puffy paint.
Clay pot snowman craft
- Clay pot
- White paint
- Styrofoam ball
- 2 Medium pom-poms
- Small black pom-poms
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Orange felt
- Small strip of fleece
- Paint the clay pot and the Styrofoam ball with white paint. Let the paint dry, then apply a second coat.
- Turn the clay pot upside down and glue the Styrofoam ball on top of it.
- Cut a pipe cleaner so that it wraps halfway around the Styrofoam ball. Glue the pipe cleaner to the top of the Styrofoam ball, then glue the medium pom-poms to each end of the pipe cleaner.
- Glue 2 googly eyes to the front of the Styrofoam ball. Cut a carrot shape out of the orange felt and glue it below the googly eyes.
- Glue several small black pom-poms beneath the carrot nose in the shape of a smile.
- Cut a strip of fleece that is 1 inch wide and 12 inches long. Wrap the fleece around the snowman's neck and tie it in a knot. Trim away any excess length, then cut slits in the ends of the fleece to make fringe.
Melted snowman craft
- White craft foam
- Black craft foam
- Orange craft foam
- Small white Styrofoam ball
- Black marker
- 2 Small sticks
- 1/2-inch ribbon
- Cut a blob shape out of the white craft foam. Glue the Styrofoam ball to the craft foam.
- To make the hat, cut a circle out of black craft foam that is slightly larger than the Styrofoam ball.
- Cut a rectangle out of the black craft foam and glue the ends together so that it forms a tube. Trace one end of the tube on to the black craft foam and cut it out. Glue the small circle on one end of the tube, then glue the other end of the tube to the larger circle. Once the entire hat is dry, glue the hat to the top of the Styrofoam ball.
- Cut a carrot shape out of the orange craft foam and glue it to the front of the Styrofoam ball.
- Use the pen to draw two eyes above the carrot nose and a mouth below it.
- Glue two small sticks to the white craft foam.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and wrap it around the base of the Styrofoam ball. Tie it in a knot to make the scarf.