Designing a winter white nursery
It won't be long until you can't let your child anywhere near anything that's the color white, so you might as well go for it now, while they're still tiny... and less messy! Create a winter white-inspired nursery for your little one.
The perfect place to start
Let's get started with the centerpiece of the nursery — the crib. Since this is, theoretically, where your sweet little baby will be spending most of her time in the nursery (sleeping soundly, right?), it makes sense to spent some time, energy and money to make it winter white perfect. Don't forget to pick up some extra baby-safe stain remover when you're out shopping — you'll need it for the diaper blowouts that are bound to happen all over that pretty white bedding!
- Crib — Delta Chalet 4-in-1 Lifetime Crib in White Ambiance/Dark Chocolate (Babies R Us, $300)
- Swaddling blanket — Ultimate Receiving Blanket in Sterling Sparklers (Swaddle Designs, $25)
- Mobile — Sweet Jojo Designs Hotel Mobile (Target, online only, $43)
- Crib sheet — Chamois Crib Fitted Sheet in white (Pottery Barn Kids, $29)
Keeping clean, even in white
If you're designing an all-white nursery, we're guessing that you might be a mom who wants to keep clutter at bay. These storage solutions, all inspired by winter white, will keep your nursery organized in winter — and the rest of the year, too. We love these fun ways to add a simple touch of pattern to your white nursery to give it some dimension and whimsy, even in the more functional pieces.
- Dresser — Madeline Painted Dresser (Pottery Barn Kids, $950)
- Storage cubes — White Dotted Cube Bin (The Land of Nod, $20)
- Diaper storage — Fabric Diaper Caddy, Extra Large, White Rose on White (Etsy, $65)
- Wall shelves — Petite House Shelving (Restoration Hardware Baby & Child, $55 and up)
Just for fun
Your nursery may be white, but it doesn't have to be boring! Add some fun touches to the decor to ensure that this room looks like it's intended for a baby — it's easy to keep your winter white-inspired theme chic and simple with these well-designed pieces, most of which will be able to carry them from nursery to big kid room in the years to come.
- Car — BeauBeau Police Car (EllaMenoPea, $35)
- Rocker — Arctic Rocker (The Land of Nod, $129)
- Light switch cover — Hoot, Hoot Switchplate, Single (Anthropologie, $18)
- Bunny — Hare Baby Brush and Comb Set (Skip Hop, $20)
A little something for mama
Can we talk about who this nursery is really for? That's right, it's really for you, mom. The quality time that you'll likely log in this room — between nursing, changing diapers and rocking your baby to sleep — makes this the place in your house where you'll be spending the most time for the next year! So you might as well add some luxury items for yourself, right?
- Rocking chair — Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker in ecru (Target, $500)
- Diaper pail — Ubbi Diaper Pail (Ubbi World, $80)
- Footstool — Faux Leather Seats Come Standard Pouf (The Land of Nod, $79)
- Side table — LINDVED Side Table (Ikea, $20)
Making things pretty
And last, but not least, are the touches that turn it from just another room in your home to a pretty, winter white-inspired nursery. These details are also the perfect way to customize a white nursery for the gender of your baby — while white can often be quite gender neutral, accessories that push it towards being a room for a little girl or a little boy can easily be added at the last moment.
- Wall decals — Lottie Dots Decal set (The Land of Nod, $25 for 48 dots)
- Monogram — Monogram Wall Decal (The Land of Nod, $99)
- Light fixture — SNOIG Pendant Lamp (Ikea, $25)
- Window shade — Harper Roman Shade (Pottery Barn Kids, $149 and up)