Turtle craft for kids
- Paper bowl
- Green and brown paint
- Foam paintbrush
- Green card stock
- 2 Wiggle eyes
- Craft glue
- Lay your card stock on a flat surface and place the paper bowl facedown on the center of the paper.
- Trace the perimeter of the bowl. Once your circle is complete, remove your bowl and add on shapes for the head, four legs and a triangle-shaped tail. Cut out with scissors and set aside.
- Next, help your kiddo paint the back side of the paper bowl with green paint. Once the entire “shell” is covered, have him go back and add brown spots all over the shell by gently pressing down with the foam brush and lifting straight up. The foam brush will form a turtle shell-like shape. Set aside to dry.
- Go back to your turtle body cutout and glue the eyes onto the head shape.
- Finally, once the bowl is dry enough to handle, add a bead of glue along the underside perimeter of your bowl and glue it on top of your turtle craft’s body cutout, then press down gently. Once the glue is dry your turtle animal craft is ready to race the hare.
Up next: Urchin craft