Nightingale paper bird craft
- Yellow and brown card stock
- Brown marker
- Fishing line or yarn
- Use your pencil to sketch out a bird shape for your nightingale’s body, tail and beak on the yellow card stock, measuring approximately 8 x 4-inches tall. Have your youngster use scissors to cut the shape out.
- Cut an 8 x 6-inch strip of brown cardstock for the wings. Fan fold it along the long edge and crease gently.
- Cut a 1-inch slit in the middle towards the top of your bird where the wings will go.
- Now, with your brown paper folded in its accordion shape, feed it through the slit until your paper sits evenly on each side of your bird’s body. Gently open the folds on either side. Tip — you can add a bead of glue on either side of the bird’s body along the wing’s slit if your wings are having trouble staying level.
- Finally, use your marker to draw the eye on your nightingale craft and color in the beak. You can also glue a piece of fishing line or yarn to the top of your bird and hang it in your kiddo’s room.
Up next: Octopus craft