Lion paper plate craft
- Paper plate
- Yellow marker
- Brown, yellow and orange construction paper
- Brown and black markers
- Wiggly eyes
- Have your youngster color the back of the paper plate with a yellow marker. It’s OK to leave the ridged edge uncolored because it will be covered with the paper mane, but let your kiddo go to town if he wants to.
- While your child is coloring the plate, cut even strips of brown, yellow and orange construction paper about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. There is no right or wrong amount to cut, so long as you have enough to make it around the diameter of your plate.
- Next, keeping your plate facedown, run a bead of glue around the inside rim of the back of the plate and help your youngster glue 1 edge of each strip of paper along the edge of the plate to form a mane.
- While the mane of your lion craft is drying, cut 2 ears and a nose shape from the brown construction paper and let your kiddo glue them to the yellow part of the plate in the appropriate places.
- Finally, glue 2 large wiggle eyes to the lion’s face and use your brown marker to draw the details on the yellow surface to create a ferociously cute lion craft your kids will love!
Up next: Monkey craft