Kangaroo paper cup craft
- Paper cup
- Orange card stock
- Yellow card stock
- Black marker
- Measure your cup and cut a strip of yellow card stock to wrap around the outside of the cup. Secure with glue and set aside to dry.
- Use your pencil to sketch a bowling pin shape on the orange card stock to form your kangaroo craft’s body and let your kiddo cut the shape out.
- Then, on the same orange card stock, sketch a pear shape for the head, 2 leaf shapes for the ears, 2 arms, 2 legs and a tail. Help your child cut out with safety scissors.
- Now, cut 2 smaller leaf shapes from the yellow card stock to form the inside of the kangaroo’s ears. You may want to assist in cutting out these small details.
- Time to glue your pieces together. Start by gluing the ear details to the ears and the head to the narrow top of the body. Next, glue the body to the back of the cup, covering the seam of the yellow paper. Follow with the legs sticking out the sides of the cup, the arms just under the outside rim of the cup (leaving the hands unglued) and finish off with the tail on the back of the body sticking out just above 1 of the legs of the kangaroo.
- Finally, add on 2 eyes and a cute nose with your black marker and your kangaroo cup craft is ready to fill with fun!
Up next: Lion craft