Greta Garbo. Marlon Brando. Big stars have fabulous names. Find the perfect baby-name inspiration among these award-winning film stars.
What’s in a name?
Baby names with star power
Greta Garbo. Marlon Brando. Big stars have fabulous names. Find the perfect baby name inspiration among these award-winning film stars.
All of these leading men won multiple Best Actor Academy Awards. Pay tribute to one of these greats by giving your son a name like Brandon, Cooper or Spencer.
- Daniel Day-Lewis: My Left Foot
- Dustin Hoffman: Kramer vs. Kramer
- Fredric March: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Gary Cooper: High Noon
- Jack Nicholson: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Marlon Brando: The Godfather
- Sean Penn: Mystic River
- Spencer Tracy: Boys Town
- Tom Hanks: Forrest Gump
These lovely ladies won at least two Best Actress Academy Awards apiece. Use their first names — Bette, Ingrid — or their last — Taylor, Leigh!
- Bette Davis: Jezebel
- Elizabeth Taylor: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Hilary Swank: Boys Don’t Cry
- Ingrid Bergman: The Bells of St. Mary’s
- Katharine Hepburn: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- Meryl Streep: Sophie’s Choice
- Olivia de Havilland: To Each His Own
- Sally Field: Norma Rae
- Vivien Leigh: Gone with the Wind
Can you say “hot”? These sultry stars have wooed women for decades and offer inspiration for traditional names like Paul, James and Robert as well as unique names such as Errol, Newman and Hudson.
- Cary Grant: An Affair to Remember
- Clark Gable: Gone with the Wind
- Errol Flynn: Santa Fe Trail
- Gregory Peck: To Kill a Mockingbird
- James Dean: Rebel Without a Cause
- Paul Newman: The Hustler
- Robert Redford: The Way We Were
- Rock Hudson: Pillow Talk
- Sidney Poitier: Lilies of the Field
- Warren Beatty: Splendor in the Grass
Paired with some of Hollywood’s hottest leading men, these bombshells oozed sensuality on the silver screen. Would you give your baby girl a name like Ann-Margret, Raquel or Ursula?
- Ann-Margret: Viva Las Vegas
- Brigitte Bardot: And God Created Woman
- Jayne Mansfield: Too Hot to Handle
- Kim Basinger: 9-1/2 Weeks
- Mae West: She Done Him Wrong
Even if you’ve never seen one of their movies, you’re sure to recognize the names of these classic thespians. And so will everyone else if you name your little boy Boris, Charlton, Humphrey or Yul.
- Laurence Olivier: Spartacus
- Omar Sharif: Doctor Zhivago
- Peter O’Toole: Lawrence of Arabia
- Sean Connery: Dr. No
- Yul Brynner: The King and I
These delightful actresses set the bar high for those who’ve followed. What little girl wouldn’t love a name like Audrey, Grace or Natalie?
- Audrey Hepburn: Roman Holiday
- Debbie Reynolds: Singin’ in the Rain
- Doris Day: Pillow Talk
- Gloria Swanson: Sunset Boulevard
- Grace Kelly: Rear Window
These little ladies turned heads on the big screen. Will your little Jodie, Kirsten or Tatum be the next big thing?
- Abigail Breslin: Little Miss Sunshine
- Anna Paquin: The Piano
- Brooke Shields: Pretty Baby
- Dakota Fanning: Hound Dog
- Jodie Foster: Taxi Driver
- Kirsten Dunst: Interview with the Vampire
- Linda Blair: The Exorcist
- Mara Wilson: Miracle on 34th Street
- Shirley Temple: Bright Eyes
- Tatum O’Neal: Paper Moon
The brilliant performances of these young men gave us chills. Give your son a memorable name such as Macaulay, Mickey or River.
- Christian Bale: Empire of the Sun
- Danny Lloyd: The Shining
- Elijah Wood: The Good Son
- Haley Joel Osment: The Sixth Sense
- Henry Thomas: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Jackie Coogan: Oliver Twist
- Jonathan Lipnicki: Jerry Maguire
- Macaulay Culkin: Home Alone
- Mickey Rooney: National Velvet
- River Phoenix: Stand by Me
Click the banner to check out our database of over 30,000 baby names >>
More baby names
Iconic celebrity baby names
Exotic, global-inspired baby names
Baby names inspired by wine