Host a ninja birthday party
What’s a party without a little punching, kicking and karate chopping? This ninja shindig will have your kids doing all of that, plus eating some cupcakes too.
Who needs a stick when you’re a ninja? Have the kids kick and punch their way to the candy.
What you'll need:
- red and black streamers
- black and white construction paper
What you'll do:
- Mix equal parts of water and flour.
- Dip strips of newspaper into the mixture and wipe off excess.
- Lay the strip on a blown-up balloon. Repeat, covering the balloon and then let dry.
- Make at least three layers.
- Cut a hole on the top of the piñata and thread string through.
- With scissors fringe strips of streamers. Wrap them around the balloon and attach with glue.
- Cut a strip of white construction paper for the face, black and white circles for the eyes and black triangles for the eyebrows. Glue the face onto your ninja.
- Continue covering with fringed streamers to get your desired look. When finished, add a black streamer headband around your ninja piñata.
- Fill piñata with candy.
Fortune cookie treats
Add a simple yet special touch to a fortune cookie.
How to: Microwave a cup full of store-bought frosting for about 20 seconds or until liquidy. Dip a fortune cookie (Amazon, $13 per 100) in the frosting. Scatter sprinkles onto them. Let dry on wax paper.
Ninja party cake toppers
For your ninja party, add some Asian flair to your cupcakes.
Option 1: Yin Yang
Make a yin yang out of paper. Glue it to a circle. Tape a lollipop stick to the back of the circle. Insert it into a cupcake.
Option 2: Ninja star
You can also add a ninja star with your yin yang. Watch this video for instructions on how to make a ninja star out of paper.
Make a yin yang out of paper and glue it to the center of the ninja star. Insert a lollipop stick into the star. Place into a cupcake.
Ninja party goody boxes
Send them home with something better than leftovers.
How to: Make a yin yang out of paper and glue it onto a Chinese food take-out box (Amazon, $20 for 50). Fill the box with Asian candy.