If you’re looking for a baby name with jazzy, show-stopping appeal, look no further than the names of contestants on So You Think You Can Dance.
Ten seasons have brought hundreds of incredible dancers to the stage. Here are the top 20 baby names from this talented group of young people.
In 2005, So You Think You Can Dance premiered. Since then, the dance competition reality show has become a fan favorite. Thanks to incredible talent, including amazing choreography, So You Think You Can Dance has won several Emmy awards. The young dancers on the show hail from all over the United States, and bring to the table not only mind-blowing skills but some seriously unique names. We’ve collected the best names from So You Think You Can Dance. Whether you love dance or you’re simply looking for a name that pops, this is a must-see list. As with the show, we’ve selected the top 20 dancers. Only this time, they’ve been selected for their names.
Baby boy names from So You Think You Can Dance
From Pasha’s unique sound to Kent’s surprising rarity, these names each have their own special appeal.
- Ade – Ade Obayomi, a contemporary dancer, placed in the top six of Season 5.
- Benji – Swing dancer Benji won Season 2.
- Blake – Contemporary dancer Blake McGrath made it to the top six in Season 1.
- Cyrus – Fan favorite animator Cyrus was the runner-up in Season 9.
- Jamile – Jamile McGee, a hip-hop dancer, placed third in the first season.
- Kent – Kent Boyd was the runner-up in Season 7.
- Marquis – Contemporary dancer Marquis Cunningham made it to the top 18 in Season 4.
- Pasha – In Season 3, Pasha Kovalev, a ballroom dancer, made it to the top six.
- Travis – A contestant and runner-up in Season 2, Travis Wall is now a choreographer.
- Victor – Victor Smalley’s contemporary dance style took him to the top 12 in Season 6.
Baby girl names from So You Think You Can Dance
Exotic and cool, these baby girl names are sure to make a statement. Comfort, Melody and Sabra are our favorites.
- Anya – In Season 3, Anya Garnis made it to the top 12.
- Channing – A contemporary dancer, Channing Cooke placed in the top 14 in Season 6.
- Comfort – Hip-hop dancer Comfort Fedoke placed in the top eight of Season 3.
- Donyelle – Donyelle Jones, a hip-hop dancer, was third place in Season 2.
- Janette – Salsa dancer Janette Manrara placed in the top eight in Season 5.
- Kamilah – Hip-hop dancer Kamilah Barrett lasted until the first season’s top six.
- Melody – Melody Lacayanga, a jazz dancer, was the runner-up in Season 1.
- Noelle – Dancing contemporary, Noelle Marsh placed in the top 10 in Season 6.
- Randi – Jazz dancer Randi Evans made it to the top 10 in Season 5.
- Sabra – Contemporary dancer Sabra Johnson won Season 3.
Still looking for the perfect name? Check out our database of over 30,000 baby names >>