Bug hunt crafts for kids: Homemade bug jar
If your kids are headed off on a bug hunt, be sure they have a safe place to keep whatever bugs they find. Help them whip together an easy homemade bug jar with a simple Mason jar!
What you'll need:
- quart-sized Mason jar
- plastic screen
- colored wire
What you'll do:
- Remove the lid from the Mason jar.
- Cut a piece of the plastic screen to fit inside the ring of the Mason jar lid.
- Glue the screen inside the lid, then screw the lid back on the jar.
- Wrap the colored wire around the neck of the jar several times. Twist the two ends together to keep the wire in place.
- Cut a piece of wire that is 8 inches long. Bend the piece of wire into a "U" shape.
- Make the handle by twisting the ends of the wire around the wire that you wrapped around the neck of the jar.