Bug hunt crafts for kids: DIY bug net
Backyard bug hunting has never been more fun! Take advantage of those plentiful summer pests and entertain the kids with a backyard bug hunt, complete with a DIY bug net!
What you'll need:
- mesh produce bag
- 8-inch plastic embroidery hoop
- 1/2-inch wooden dowel
- colored wire
What you'll do:
- Loosen the screw on the embroidery hoop, and remove the center ring.
- Wrap the mesh produce bag around the center ring, then slide it back in the outer ring and re-fasten the screw.
- Trim away any excess mesh fabric.
- Wrap colored wire around the end of a wooden dowel, then use the wire to attach the dowel to the embroidery hoop to make a handle.