Can’t get your kids to eat their vegetables? Forget putting them in a bowl and skewer their salad instead! We can’t guarantee your kids will eat all of their vegetables (like Brussels sprouts), but these salad kabobs with homemade ranch dressing will go as fast as the mac and cheese!
Homemade ranch is easier than you think. In fact, all you do is mix sour cream, mayo and a ranch-seasoning packet together! We stuck with a simple salad skewer, but you can add fancier, more gourmet ingredients for the perfect cocktail party appetizer.
Salad kabobs with dressing dip
Yields 6 kabobs
For the kabobs:
- Iceberg lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices cucumber, cut in half
- Fresh mozzarella
- 6 homemade croutons (or soft, slightly crusty bread cubes)
- 6 slices red onion
For the ranch:
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- To make the kabobs, cut an iceberg lettuce leaf into slices and fold each slice up. Skewer one cucumber half, one folded slice of lettuce, one cherry tomato, one small slice of fresh mozzarella and two cut-up slices of red onion. Repeat a second time. Top each skewer with one crouton.
- Repeat until all skewers have been made.
- To prepare the ranch, mix the sour cream, mayo, buttermilk and ranch seasoning together. Chill before serving.