We are looking for a smart, talented and savvy Special Projects Assistant to assist the Business Development team, hands-on experience marketing special projects, contests and giveaways while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Candidates must possess a commitment to follow through, be skilled at multi-tasking, and have a passion for public relations, marketing, and communications.
This is a full-time, hourly, in-office position available immediately.
Special Projects Assistant core responsibilities:
- Manage launch and branding of SheKnows Rewards
- Actively pursue sponsorships for Contests & Giveaways
- Maintain and develop new and existing relationships with Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing agencies
- Take ownership of select projects from planning stage through completion
- Partner with sales and editorial teams on collaborative campaigns such as newsletter inclusion, user incentives, and cross promotional opportunities
- Monitor weekly site traffic for Points & Prizes, Contests & Giveaways and special projects as needed
- Strategize with Special Projects Manager and Business Development Manager to find innovative solutions to increase site traffic
- Implement above strategies consistently and effectively
- Assist Promotions Interns with daily activities
- Create and distribute e-mail newsletters as part of comprehensive promotional campaigns
- Track and report newsletter statistics weekly
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to collaborate with the Business Development, Editorial, and Product teams on upcoming projects
- Oversee day-to-day departmental tasks such as shipping, outreach and inventory control as needed
Requirements and qualifications:
- College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University. An emphasis in mass communications, marketing or public relations is preferred.
- Computer savviness: You must be willing and able to work with computer and Web-based programs.
- Attention to detail: You will be working in a fast- paced environment with a commitment to producing high quality content for our readers; we don’t have time for silly mistakes.
- Writing ability: You will be asked to write copy for our newsletters, giveaways and contests so creativity and strong writing skills are required.
- Professional attitude
- Willingness to have fun: We are a fun staff, and we genuinely love what we do, so charisma, a sense of humor and a thirst for learning new things will help.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure.
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in any CMS (Word Press, Joomla, etc.), Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop, and Macromedia
- Dreamweaver: A big plus!
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be the best fit for our team!