Our SheKnows Content Team is on the lookout for an editor to manage our beauty and style content. Take a look and see if this is the right opportunity for you!
The SheKnows Beauty editor will work to oversee content management of beauty sites within the SheKnows network. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and minimum 3 years of related experience training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) required. This is a full-time, in-office position.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Oversee management of SheKnows Beauty and Style sites/channels
- Assist in managing the editorial department’s workflow for both campaign and editorially-driven projects
- Coordinate content based on the determined editorial calendar focuses for each site
- Oversee the project management of beauty-related editorial projects through completion
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity on SheKnows owned and operated sites
- Ensure that all content in SheKnows Beauty is presented with a distinct SheKnows voice that is fun, upbeat, informative and engaging
- Effectively communicate with site editors, writers, columnists and bloggers for editorial direction and campaign coordination
- Assist in daily site maintenance and promotion: uploading articles into the CMS, flash panel uploads and coordination, site QA
- Oversee invoice management and manage determined budgets for SheKnows Beauty sites
- Assist in content partnerships and SheKnows Content Syndication Program
- Must enforce the SheKnows StyleGuide throughout Beauty sites
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably journalism, mass communication, public relations
- 5+ years of experience in the online media industry or beauty/style-related publishing
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience in management
- Knowledge of the beauty/style industry and established connections to other online beauty media outlets
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with departmental staff, sales force and other departments
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Bonus skill set: Experience in Joomla, Word Press
Unqualified candidates will not be considered.
Contact Alison Bills at email@example.com if you’re interested!