We are looking for TWO smart, talented and fabulous interns to assist the SheKnows Promotions team this Fall 2011! Interns will receive practical, hands-on experience marketing special projects, contests and giveaways while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
So, who gets the job?
Candidates must possess a commitment to follow through, be skilled at multi-tasking, and have a passion for public relations, marketing, and communications.
These are part-time, unpaid, in-office positions, available Spring semester to students only. Credit is available.
As a Promotions Intern you will:
- Assist the SheKnows Promotions team with prizing, shipping, and inventory management
- Respond to user e-mails in a timely, helpful manner consistent with SheKnows Best Practices
- Assist Promotions Coordinators with select ongoing projects, featured contests and seasonal giveaways
- Collaborate with the SheKnows Promotions team on new outreach opportunities
- Help maintain and execute weekly Promotions initiatives such as keyword, prizing, and contest posting
Requirements and qualifications:
- Current college student pursuing a degree in mass communications, marketing or public relations.
- Computer savviness: You must be willing and able to work with computer and Web-based programs.
- Attention to detail: You will be working in a fast- paced environment with a commitment to producing high quality content for our readers; we don’t have time for silly mistakes.
- Writing ability: You may be asked to write copy for our newsletters, giveaways and contests so creativity and strong writing skills are required.
- Willingness to have fun: We are a fun staff, and we genuinely love what we do, so charisma, a sense of humor and a thirst for learning new things will help.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure.
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in any CMS (Word Press, Joomla, etc.), Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop, and Macromedia Dreamweaver: A big plus!
Is this you? Are you ready for an internship with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be the best fit for our team!
Contact: Elise Pagnini, Promotions Manager at Elise.Pagnini@sheknows.com >>