SheKnows is seeking a enthusiastic Associate Editor to work in our Scottsdale, Arizona office. Take a look and see if this is the right opportunity for you!
SheKnows is seeking an associate editor to oversee homepage and newsletter production, social media coordination, site promotions, video integration and execution of the editorial calendar. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and minimum of two years related experience, training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) required. This person should be a skilled editor, excellent copywriter, savvy in web navigation, online marketing and social media as well as have a keen eye for design, visual appeal and photo editing. This person should also have a sharp ability to strategically select content that will drive clicks and keep the user coming back daily.
A little bit about our ideal candidate: You are obsessed with converting audience into clicks. Chartbeat is your best friend, and you love the gratification of seeing article traffic climb, thanks to your mad skills. You are highly knowledgeable about writing wickedly effective headlines. You are constantly combing social accounts and analytics to see what topics/tone garner the most clicks. You are a total grammar cop and can self-edit impeccably.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Creation and management of homepage content and daily updates to ensure timeliness and return visits
- Daily updates of site-wide modules promoting our content
- Coordination with our social marketing team to have editorial features posted on our social media pages.
- Creation of our SheKnows Daily, Daily Recipe, allParenting (weekly), and daily entertainment newsletters and working with the VP of marketing on strategizing to increase open rates and click-through rates.
- Work with the in-house editors and design team to create a monthly editorial calendar-focused feature that links out to engaging content across the site.
- Coordinate with internal promotions team to have editorial calendar and seasonal items promoted site-wide
- Track analytics for the aforementioned items and strategize accordingly to drive clicks
- Work with video production team to strategically integrate custom and third-party video into our content
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity across all landing pages
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas to the SheKnows audience
- Enforce the editorial calendar and SheKnows StyleGuide on all aforementioned areas.
- Use creative thinking and novel strategies to market SheKnows to other sites and mediums
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree, preferably journalism, marketing, mass communication, public relations
- 2+ year of experience in the online media industry or magazine publishing
- Impeccable copywriting skills, with tons of voice and personality. A large part of this job is writing compelling headlines, social media posts and teaser copy that draws the user into our content.
- Understanding of effective social media tactics and the ability to write flawless posts with strategically selected hashtags.
- Must demonstrate strong communication (including expertise in grammar, style, punctuation and spelling) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of content and ability to select articles for promotion based on knowledge of what drives clicks and engagement
- A creative, energetic mind that understands how to be competitive with other online publishers
- Strong eye for good design and ability to strategically select photos, resize, crop and make other minor edits. Basic photo editing skills are a must
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with the staff
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in any CMS, Word Press, Joomla, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop will be a big plus!
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Telecommuting is not an option for this role.
Title: Associate Editor
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then please send your letter of interest, resume detailing your background and salary requirements to Renae Vaules, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SheKnows.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.