SheKnows is seeking a Social Media Editor to take us to the next level in the world of social media. Take a look and see if this is the right opportunity for you!
SheKnows, a leading women’s media lifestyle platform with more than 40 million unique visitors per month, seeks a Social Media Editor to take us to the next level on social. As part of our editorial team, the Social Editor will manage all of our social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and whatever comes next. He or she will be responsible for posting irresistible content at the right times, engaging with our audience, writing socially-driven stories, and keeping tabs on the social pulse for all of our editorial team.
Our ideal candidate will have managed large social media followings before and worked in the digital news or lifestyle space. He/she will have a passion for pop culture, lifestyle content (from food to travel to entertainment), and an insatiable love of all things social. Our candidate should have a smart and playful writing voice, an aptitude for choosing/creating images that will click with an audience, and be experienced in building social followings and converting them to site traffic. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the voice and grow the social footprint for a leading women’s lifestyle brand.
- Manage all SK social media accounts, including creating accounts as needed, posting items, developing followings, etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager of Social Media to support and grow social media partnerships and implement best practices.
- Manage social coverage of live events, including Red Carpet, award shows, Twitter chats with celebrities, special SheKnows events.
- Working with design and photo team, develop unique approaches to photos and images on social to encourage sharing.
- Closely monitor and grow traffic from social referrals.
- Write socially-driven posts for SheKnows.com
- Monitor social trends and make editorial recommendations across verticals
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands-on social media experience for a large digital media brand
- Digital media experience in news and/or lifestyle content
- Strong writing skills and the ability to turn content quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated love and understanding of social media (e.g., strong personal followings, always trying the latest services).
- Passion for pop culture, lifestyle, and female-focused content.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and professionalism when representing a brand.
- A technical proficiency in content management software, social media platforms, social listening tools, and analytics
- Mastery of time and deadline management
- The ability to think strategically with strong critical decision-making skills and an intellectual curiosity
- Comfort in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to keep social content current.
- Innovative and creative, but always aware of the pay-off
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in social media for a news or lifestyle brand
- Professional journalism or lifestyle media experience. Reporting/blogging/writing experience is required.
- Passion for and understanding of digital media
- Active participation in communities and social networks
- Strong proficiency in social tools.
Title: Social Media Editor
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona or New York, New York
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then please send your letter of interest, resume detailing your background and salary requirements to Renae Vaules, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SheKnows.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.