We already know that music can affect your mood by putting a little pep in your step — and listening to the right tunes can even affect your work productivity — but what does that have to do with sex? According to the latest research, everything.
It’s pretty easy to connect the dots and realize that music can affect your sex life too. You may be one of the millions of people who gets revved up when you hear the song you lost your virginity to or maybe bumping hip-hop beats can turn you into an animal in bed. Either way, its not just your imagination. Montréal researchers discovered that listening to good music can have the same effect on your brain as (good) sex, and a 2012 Spotify study confirmed that 40 percent of people found music to be more sexually arousing than touch.
We’re not going to argue with that. But we are going to give you a few great ideas for hot tracks to add to your playlist to make your one-on-one time even hotter. This Valentine’s Day, why not mix things up a bit and make it a night to remember by adding these 20 super sexy songs to your iTunes or Spotify?
- “Cater 2 You” by Destiny’s Child – Start out with this song when you’re getting “friendly” with your man, and maybe he’ll return the favor.
- “Colorblind” by Counting Crows – Pretend like you’re in the movie Cruel Intentions and recreate the steamy sex scene between Reese and Ryan at home by doing the deed to this sensual song.
- “Cosmic Love” by Florence & The Machine – The slow and fast rhythms, not to mention the beautiful melody, ensure a Valentine’s Day for the books.
- “Crash Into Me” by Dave Matthews Band – It doesn’t matter who you are or how many times you’ve heard this song. In our opinion, it never gets old (especially in the sack!).
- “Glory Box” by Portishead – If this song doesn’t give you the perfect reason to be a woman, we don’t know what else will.
- “Hungry Eyes” by Eric Carmen – We might be able to trace an entire generation of ‘80s babies back to the songs on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.
- “I Touch Myself” by Divinyls – Consider this an instruction manual for those who don’t know how to get the pants-off party started.
- “I Want Your Sex” by George Michael – Pretty direct, but has anyone ever accused George Michael of being subtle?
- “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye – As cliché as this love-making track may be, there’s not a person alive who doesn’t get at least a little turned on when they hear Marvin croon.
- “Let Go” by Frou Frou – Let go of your inhibitions and just jump in. After all, what are you waiting for? It’s Valentine’s Day, baby!
- “Mesmerize” by Ja Rule featuring Ashanti – Take things back old school and unleash your inner freak with a little Ja Rule and Ashanti blasting over the sound system.
- “Pony” by Ginuwine – The name (and the dirrrty beat) says it all.
- “P***y Monster” by Lil Wayne – Save this for your dirtiest of Valentine’s treats when a box of chocolates just won’t cut it.
- “Sex On Fire” by Kings of Leon – For those couples who’ve been together forever and don’t take each other too seriously, this is a really fun tune to alternate strip teasing/dancing to.
- “Sexy Can I” by Ray J & Yung Berg – One of the many sexy stripper love songs that’s easy to picture yourself getting down to.
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers – An oldie but a goodie that works best during some tender lovin’ foreplay.
- “What’s Your Fantasy” by Ludacris – If your guy enjoys dirty rap, he’ll have a blast busting out all the crazy sex moves sung about in this song. Uh, need we say more?
- “Where Have You Been” by Rihanna – Get in the groove and let loose to the tunes of Rihanna. This song will totally have your S.O. feeling on top of the world (and hopefully, they’ll be on top of you too).
- “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak – Role play as Chris Isaak rolling around with a sexy and kind of naked model on the beach? Yes, please.
- “You Make Me Wanna…” by Usher – There’s nothing like a little Usher to heat things up between the sheets. This song will have him wanting to do unspeakable things to you, guaranteed.
Updated on 1/12/2016