Wedding day hairstyle: Crimped low side bun
This look comes to us from TRESemme's lead stylist Jeanie Syfu for the Jenny Packham Bridal Show. This romantic and ethereal look is great for weddings and can be toned down for everyday use. It's a modern take on a vintage look, and here's how you can rock it on your own big day and beyond.
Crimped low side bun
What you'll need:
- Small elastics
- Flat iron
- Curling iron with 1-1/4” - 1-1/2" barrel
- Flat iron
- Hairpins in a variety of sizes
- Blow dryer
- Scissors or razor (to cut elastic)
- Frizz controlling mousse
- Body finishing spray or style spray
- Apply the frizz controlling mousse on damp hair and power dry on high heat using a flat brush. We recommend TRESemmé climate control mousse.
- Make a deep side part and create a few random braids on the heavier side of the part, along the hairline and crown. Spray each braid with finishing spray and fasten with small elastics. Bumble and Bumble and TRESemmé both have great finishing sprays that will help keep your hair looking fresh all night!
- Use a flat iron to set the braids by running it along the length to create a natural crimped texture.
- While the braids are cooling, use a curling iron to create soft loose waves throughout the rest of the hair.
- Undo the braids and run fingers throughout to get a crimped look, loosely pulling hair into a low ponytail to the opposite side of the part, behind the ear.
- Loosely pin the length into a bun and spray with more styling spray for a soft and touchable finish.