2 Bedroom hairstyles to wow your guy
Certain foxy women throughout history have had hairstyles that are synonymous with sex appeal. Brigitte Bardot took the swinging '60s tousled look to a sexy new level. And Farrah Fawcett owned the 1970s with her winged 'do. Even today, would Angelina Jolie's magnetism be as compelling without her cascading waves?
We tapped two prominent hairstylists to get their advice on how you can play a game of come-hither with your man using your locks alone. Read on!
"Come Touch Me" hair
Summer temps can make a woman's thoughts turn to chopping her hair in favor of less fuss, but consider pressing pause on that idea if you're looking to heat things up in the bedroom vintage-style! "Over the years I've asked many of my male clients what hair type they like to see on women, and 90 percent of them all agreed on medium to longer hairstyles," says Beverly Hills celebrity hairstylist Billy Lowe.
Here are Lowe's instructions on how to get beachy, California girl curls:
- Shampoo and condition using appropriate hair care for your hair type. (Ask your salon professional for a recommendation.)
- Towel dry hair and apply a volumizing serum or a texture or defining cream for your blow-out. I like to use a little root boost at the root area for lift.
- Begin blowing hair dry upside-down to give lift at the root area.
- Finger-dry hair until it is about 80 percent dry. Hair doesn't take shape when it's wet.
- Use your round brush and take about 4- to 5-inch sections and smooth through with your hairdryer.
- After each section is dry, wrap that section around your fingers and clip to the scalp area while you continue through the rest of the hair in the same manner.
- After all sections have been set, use a light hold spray and spritz throughout.
- Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and remove clips. Shake loose, and voila!
- For that extra beachy feel, you may use a light sea salt spray and scrunch through or a light hair powder at the root area for texture.
To make a DIY sea salt spray, use this recipe from Lowe: "Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt or sea salts into a spray bottle with warm water. Shake and spray throughout hair for that beachy, textured feel." You could call it California (bedroom) confidence in a bottle...
Two-in-one sexy updo and curly mane
Wanna know exactly what your man loves? Test him! (In the best way possible.) "One of the keys to a great relationship is to know your man," says New York City hairstylist David Groshen. "Know his triggers... Have your hair be a signal, the same way prolonged eye contact and a twirl of hair between fingers is a signal that allows a man to confidently initiate the first move."
- Start with clean, dry hair that is blown out nicely.
- Use a 1-1/2-inch round curling iron through the bottom two-thirds of your hair.
- Get your favorite decorative hair clip that can hold hair securely in one spot. Grab the bottom of your hair and twist it while lifting. Secure it with your clip in the top half of the back.
- Firmly pull out soft bits to frame your face -- soft waves will fall over the clip as you release your hair.
And if you really want to be a minx about it? "Have it up and unclip it at just the right time," Goshen suggests. Oh, behave, you pussycat!