Cheers! Thanksgiving cocktails to make with your honey
Your perfect Thanksgiving: You and your honey sipping special libations by a crackling fire while staring into each other's eyes. Your Thanksgiving reality: Dodging questions about when "you two" are going to get serious/get engaged/have a baby/have a second child. You love your relatives and all, but sometimes you need an escape — in cocktail form. And have we got the cocktail recipes for you! Mix these up, grab your man's hand, and drink 'em in the laundry room if you have to. Mmmm...sweet alone time.
- 1 part Kanon Organic Vodka
- 1 part bourbon
- 3/4 part maple syrup
- 3/4 part lemon juice
- 4 cubes roasted pumpkin (roast at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes)
- Muddle pumpkin with maple syrup, add all other ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Strain (double strain with sieve, if possible) onto fresh ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
— Demetrios Saites, Fat Radish, New York City
- 4 ounces applejack
- 4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounces Cointreau or triple sec
- Halved crab apple for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the ingredients, shake vigorously and pour into a tall glass with ice.
- Spear the halved crab apple and add as garnish.
— Laurence Kretchmer, Bar Americain, New York City
- 1 ounce apple vodka
- 1/2 ounce Macallan Amber (Scotch-based maple-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce Calvados
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounces chilled apple lambic
- 1 thin green apple slice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Macallan Amber, Calvados and lime juice; shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass, stir in the lambic, and garnish with the apple slice.
— Le Colonial, San Francisco