Why aren't you in the mood to have sex?
Lack of sexual desire can be physical, psychological or due to relationship issues. If you find that most of the time you aren't in the mood lately, locate the origin of your low sex drive and then see what you can do about it.
Common physical causes
- Hormone imbalance
- Medications (or illegal drugs)
- Medical diseases (anemia, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and other disorders)
- Pain during sex
Common psychological causes
- Childhood trauma
- Past sexual abuse
- Poor body image
- No longer in love
- Poor communication
- Unresolved arguments
What you can do?
- See your gynecologist and medical doctor to see if there are any medical issues behind your lack of libido.
- Talk to a counselor or sex therapist -- with or without your partner -- about psychological causes and relationship issues.
- Communicate with your partner about what you want in the bedroom.
- Exercise and eat right.
- Reduce stress in your life.