How to expand your circle of girlfriends
Do you need more female friends in your life? Many women fall into a pattern of connecting with many online friends but not making new local friends. GirlFriendCircles.com is the only online community that matches new friends offline by connecting circles of local women.
This support system has been launched in nearly 35 cities across the country to help women meet more people and form meaningful local friendships. Every member that joins is matched into multiple and ongoing ConnectingCircles — small groups of women her age at a local café for face-to-face sharing.
Shasta Nelson, M.Div., the founder of GirlFriendCircles.com and a Life Coach for transitions says that all women at various times throughout their lives will benefit from being introduced to new female friends. She offers these six reasons women frequently need to expand their circle of friends:
- Career: Starting after college, switch jobs, work from home, return to work, retirement
- Interest: New hobby, different values, added activities, developing passions
- Relationship: Dating, single, "couple" friends, break-ups, divorces
- Children: New mom, activities/ages of kids, empty-nester, or your friends become moms
- Location: New city, new neighborhood, new scene, new culture
- Experiences: Experiences such as crisis, addiction, loss, trauma, sickness
Would you subscribe to a service for meeting new friends?
I think it's a fantastic idea, particular for new moms or residents to a new city. A GirlFriendCircles.com membership is priced at $29.95 for six months or $49.95 for the year. If they haven't fully launched in your city yet, then you can sign up now and you'll get a free three-month membership that starts once they do launch in your area.