Marriage Builder - The little things are the big things
It's the little things, day by day, that can make or break a relationship. Marriage experts Claudia and David Arp -- founders of Marriage Alive! -- put those "little things" into perspective for you.
Living day by day
Think about this: In marriage the little things are really the big things. A good marriage must be built day by day. It's the little things you do each day that help to keep a marriage growing.
What are some of those little things? Check out our list and see how many you are using to build your marriage.
- Never being too old to hold hands.
- Remembering to say "I love you" at least once each day.
- Never going to sleep angry.
- Forgiving your spouse.
- Having mutual objectives and values and standing together to face the world.
- Saying daily how much you appreciate your spouse.
- Demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
- Giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.
- Looking together for the positive in each situation.
Remember, in a growing marriage, the little things are the big things. It's not only marrying the right person. It's being the right partner. How are you doing with the little things in your marriage?