28 Cheap Date Ideas
So you've arranged a date with your dearest one, but what are you going to actually DO? If you're tired of the dinner and a movie theme, here are some creative and inexpensive ideas for romantic fun. No more excuses!
Have a cheap date!
- Have a picnic. Go to the park if the weather is nice, or spread out on the living room floor in front of a blazing fire.
- Spend an afternoon ice skating or sledding, then warm up with a warm mug of hot chocolate.
- Take a hike!
- Spend a day at the beach. Even in the cool weather, walking along the shore and collecting sea shells can make for a good time.
- Take in a drive in movie (and feel free to steam up the windows).
- Go to the matinee showing of a movie. Who says night time is the only time for movies?
- Tour a museum. My husband and I fell in love at the art museum. Many offer free or discount admission on certain days.
- Visit the zoo or aquarium.
- Take a leisurely ride in the country and enjoy the view.
- Do some stargazing. Bring a blanket or sleeping bag and cuddle up, while you find the constellations and discover new stars.
- Cook dinner together. Then enjoy your meal by candlelight, dressed in your finest.
- Make it a movie night at home. Rent videos or watch the home movies. Be sure to have plenty of popcorn on hand!
- Enjoy an evening at the community theater. The tickets are very inexpensive, and the shows are quite entertaining.
- Cuddle up with your sweetie on a romantic hay or sleigh ride.
- Plan a progressive dinner with family or friends.
- Have dinner at home with the kids, then go out for dessert and coffee.
- Bring your quarters to the arcade and challenge your date to a skeeball tournament.
- Take in open mike or amateur hour at a local coffehouse or bar.
- Bring a bottle of sparkling cider, cheese and crackers to an outdoor concert.
- Take a craft class together at a local craft store.
- Re-live the preteen years at the roller rink. This time, though, you'll have someone to skate with when it's couples only.
- Many local hospitals offer classes. Why not take one together? Massage classes come to mind....
- Park the car at Make-Out Point and "just talk."
- Take a gourmet cooking class together. Check your local community college adult education catalog for class offerings.
- Go shopping for someone's birthday or for the holidays. Then have fun wrapping all the gifts together.
- One word: karoke! (Hey, it worked on Ally McBeal.)
- Be kids again. Go to the playground and take turns pushing each other on the swings.