We have a total crush on Mamie Gummer’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Summer is officially here! Time to treat your locks to a new look. The sweaty, humid months equal challenged strands, so I’m a big fan of chopping your locks this time of year, if you’re brave enough.
Mamie Gummer recently stunned me with her fun bob, and it’s the perfect look for the months ahead. I asked Marc Harris, owner and lead stylist of Boston’s Marc Harris Salon, to offer his tips on what to ask for when you get to the salon, and how to style your look when you get it home. Have fun, ladies!
What to ask your stylist for
- A-frame long bob with a long, sideswept bang with long layers
What to consider before getting this style
- Ask your stylist to consider your face shape when determining overall length and where the bangs should break
Get the look
- Start off by applying a volumizing spray to damp hair.
- Taking small sections of hair, blow dry under using a medium-size round brush.
- Blow dry your bangs section in a downward manner, dragging them away from the face.
- Move hair on top to disguise parting and create additional volume.
- Spray with a soft hold anti-humectant hairspray to finish.