Make your Memorial Day picnic or BBQ a bit more memorable by adding a few of these fun patterned-paper centerpieces to your table! Cheap, easy and cute — what’s not to love about this DIY?
These festive centerpieces only take 15 minutes to make — start to finish — and they instantly add a fun, patriotic flair to any table. Since these are red, white and blue, they will double as decor for your 4th of July or Labor Day party as well! If you plan on making a few of these, decorate each bucket with different patterned paper to create a fun, mismatched, shabby look.
- Metal ice bucket or pitcher base
- Patterned paper (about 2 sheets for each bucket)
- Festive ribbon
- Fun add-ons (we used paper flowers)
Cut the paper to fit the bucket
- Wrap the paper around the bucket and mark where to cut it.
- Cut the paper to fit around the bucket.
Glue paper onto bucket
- Put some glue on the edge of each piece of paper to glue it to the bucket. Press down gently so it sticks.
- Repeat with the second piece of paper and glue over the edge of the first, making sure that there’s no metal showing.
Add ribbon and flowers
- Measure your ribbon to the top rim of the bucket and cut so it fits.
- Glue the ribbon onto the paper. Then carefully glue the flowers, beads or other add-ons to the ribbon and hold gently so they will stick.