You probably have your go-to everyday satchel, but why not add a few more fun styles to your closet this spring? Here are our “it” bags of the season. Trust us, you’ll want all of these!
Kate Spade Checker Place Maise Bag $288
Looking for the perfect statement bag this spring? Try a fierce ’60s-inspired, graphic-print must-have, which stood out in Fendi and Louis Vuitton’s SS13 collections.
- Where it’s appropriate: Everywhere! A vibrant bag works great to brighten up a dark suit for work or to add some playfulness to a cute tee and pair of skinnies for weekend brunch with the girls.
- How to wear: Make the graphic bag the standout piece, so try to avoid other prints when it comes to fashion. Our tip: Stick to neutrals like black, gray or white!
Marc by Marc Jacobs Black Leather/PVC Crossbody Bag $225
Not only are clear, lucite shoes a major spring trend, but clear bags are, too! Both Burberry and Anna Sui showcased cool see-through satchels in their runway shows, making them totally covetable this season.
- Where it’s appropriate: The clear detailing gives off more of a casual vibe, so save this style for the weekends or after work.
- How to wear: If you’re not so into a bag where the entire world can see your goods, opt for a style (like the one here) that has clear accents. That way, you’ll still embody the trend, but won’t be uncomfortable as you’re walking around.
Black and white
Dorothy Perkins White and Black Pannelled Bag $55
Oh, how Parisian! Who doesn’t love a classic black-and-white moment? We can’t get enough of this neutral combo when it comes to clothing, but on a bag? We’re even more obssesed! So sophisticated, yet incredibly chic.
- Where it’s appropriate: Everywhere! A classic black-and-white stunner works everywhere — whether you’re running between meetings during the work week or out for dinner with your man on a Friday night.
- How to wear: Since the bag itself is neutral, opt for some color everywhere else. Try a colored blouse (like a pink or lavender) with pastel blue pants for an outfit that could work for work or play.
Fossil Austin Flap Bag $158
The perfect over-the-arm staple, a saddle bag is your solution for an adorable (hands-free) bag.
- Where it’s appropriate: Given the cross-body nature of the saddle bag, this style works better in a more casual setting. Something crossed over a work ensemble, like a suit, will appear bunchy and not put together.
- How to wear: Throw this cute bag over a cool moto jacket and your favorite pair of jeans for the weekends!
J. Crew Farmers’ Market Tote $50
Headed to the beach this spring? Ditch your boring tote, and opt for a cute straw option instead!
- Where it’s appropriate: Straw screams casual! So save your tote for the weekends — especially if you’re headed on a picnic or to the beach. Our tip: Get a large enough style to fit all of your day trip essentials — a towel, change of clothes, a water bottle, etc.
- How to wear: Swing a straw tote over a classic tee and cut-offs with a swimsuit underneath for that casual, beachy-girl vibe.