Sometimes as moms, a lunch date/meeting is the only sort of social interaction we get to squeeze into the week! And because your short time away from home comes in between running kids around, you need to choose an outfit that can be versatile and functional!
Lunch dates are always a nice break during the hectic day. As moms, we get so busy between work and kids and errands that it can be tough to simply dress up just for our lunch dates.
That’s why you should opt for something that is classic and stylish but will also work for your busy day. Maybe pick a pair of comfortable jeans (skip the mom ones this time!) and layer on a forgiving tunic (for the big lunch!), and then to really add some style flair, finish the look off with a fab biker jacket. And of course, don’t forget the cute AND comfy heels!
I love getting together with my friends for lunch, especially in those rare moments when we happen to be child-free! Generally, we are all pretty casual, so it’s not unusual to see me sporting jeans and a tunic (to hide my yummy meal!) with a fun jacket, and of course, a super small but comfy heel. I love cute shoes, but I save the uncomfortable ones for a sitting day only!
- Jeans: Seven for all Mankind
- Tunic: Thrifted (I’m a girl who LOVES her thrift stores!)
- Leather jacket: Apple Bottom Jeans from a consignment store
- Wedges: Steve Madden
- Purse: Fashion Junkee
To create this look:
- Jeans: Seven for all Mankind ($198) (but check out resale stores for amazing deals on name brand jeans too! TJ Maxx and Marshalls are good places to look as well.)
- Cute but basic tunic: Hallelu ($34) (You will DIE for this online store!)
- Leather jacket: Tilly’s ($30)
- Most stylish and comfortable pumps ever: Chromatic Gallerie ($88) (I have them, and they are!)