Amy and Chelsey, stylists from ModCloth.com, recently worked with Neyla Pekarek of The Lumineers to create four indie-inspired styles and shared their tips exclusively with SheKnows.
The style of an
Learn from ModCloth’s ModStylists how to incorporate the indie style of Neyla Pekarek of The Lumineers into your own wardrobe to turn heads at any time this season.
Meet ModStylist Amy
Amy’s best style tips:
- Be true to yourself. Wear what makes you most comfortable and confident.
- Don’t worry too much about what colors are trendy, but rather which colors get you excited to wear them!
- Try adding printed tights to your fave spring looks for an added detail.
On Neyla’s Namesake look:
According to ModStylist Amy, you can’t go wrong with adding a feminine touch to any outfit. It can be as simple as adding a pair of lace socks with classic sneakers to take your fun and flirty dress and make it a little more playful. It can be a bit hard to pull off the dressy and casual look at the same time, but by sticking to the basics and adding some simple items like a colorful headpiece, you’re sure to get it right on the first try. The design of the Namesake dress really shows off Neyla’s carefree and vintage-inspired style.
On Neyla’s Backyard Feast look:
Amy suggests switching out your signature LBD for a colorful one with a fun pattern. Since Neyla is constantly on her feet during her shows, it was important that her heels were comfortable while still staying hip and girly. A neutral wedge is the perfect addition to any outfit because it won’t draw attention from your statement piece but will pull your outfit together perfectly. Want some more glam in your outfit? Jazz it up by adding on trend jewelry pieces with mint stones, vintage-inspired detailing and even Lucite!
Meet ModStylist Chelsey
Chelsey’s best style tips:
- Have fun with your outfit! Adding quirky accessories is a great way to show your personality.
- When wearing a dress you feel great in, let it shine! No need to pile on accessories if you don’t feel a statement dress needs them.
- Add interest to an outfit by adding an unexpected pop of color or pattern.
On Neyla’s In The Key of Chic look:
ModStylist Chelsey says that color is always in for spring, but for a fun twist on your look, try working in some black and white pieces to your outfit. Tie in your girly side by adding a colorful sash around your waist. Creating an outfit around a statement piece will always help give you a head start in the right style direction. Finish off the look with a feminine headband to showcase your true ladylike style.
On Neyla’s Mount San Jacinto Dress look:
Taking a standout solid color and pairing it with some fun printed tights is huge for spring. For this next look of Neyla’s, ModStylist Chelsey chose a pair of patterned tights but kept the look simple by pairing it with a feminine blue dress with crochet detailing. Chelsey’s biggest tip is to remember that sometimes less really is more!
Bonus makeup tips
Makeup artist Adrienne Pace used these products on Neyla’s face:
- Make Up For Ever HD foundation and finishing powder
- NARS Crazed Blush
- Urban Decay Up All Night finishing spray