You’ll love the moisture, shine and taste of this easy DIY chocolate chip lip balm!
Ready for kissable, chocolate-flavored lips? This fun and easy DIY chocolate chip lip balm keeps your lips moist and supple, and gives them a chocolate flavor you’ll love (and so might others)! If you’d like a chocolate-mint flavor, you can also add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to this mix.
Use cosmetic-grade products to make this lip balm. You can find these supplies at stores like Hi-Health and Whole Foods. You can find the containers at craft supply stores, along with stickers to decorate the tops for a nice finishing touch.
DIY chocolate chip lip balm
- 1 tablespoon pure shea butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pearls (also called pellets)
- 12 chocolate chips
- 4 (1/2 ounce) containers
- Glass-spouted measuring cup
- Plastic spoon
- Optional: 5-8 drops peppermint essential oil, stickers to decorate the container lids
- Add the shea butter, almond oil and beeswax to the glass measuring cup and melt the ingredients in the microwave. You’ll want to do this gradually, heating in 15-second increments and stirring in between, until the ingredients are melted.
- When melted, add the chocolate chips to the mixture (do not microwave) and stir until they melt.
- Optional: If you’d like a chocolate chip mint flavor, add the peppermint essential oil, stirring to mix well.
- Quickly pour the mixture from the measuring cup into the containers.
- Allow the containers to sit for about 30 minutes until the balm is solid, and then add the lids. Decorate the lids if you’d like.
Get kissable lips!