Let’s face it. Smart women get ahead in life. But you don’t need a fancy master’s degree and a Prada briefcase to get there. Attitude and a little savvy go a long way. So consider this your ultimate guide to living the life you want, from personal to professional life. Go ahead. Unleash your inner alpha woman.
You don’t need to be a man to have the cojones to be successful.
In fact, women are taking leadership roles now more than ever. About 65 percent of married moms have jobs, according to a 2011 study by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Conversely, more women are choosing to forgo marriage and babies to pursue careers and start their own businesses. So what does that mean? Basically, we’re living in a culture that is favorable to the “alpha woman.”
In the animal kingdom, the “alpha” is the dominant one in the pack, the one who forges ahead of the rest to lead with strength and confidence. To put it plainly, an “alpha woman” is your tough, successful, wildly intelligent alter-ego. And she wants out!
So we have compiled the alpha’s ultimate guide to owning yourself, your career, your family and your body. Whether it’s getting ahead in the workplace or simply managing the balance between board meetings and PTA meetings, we want you to start 2013 off strong and empowered. Rawr.
- Home decor colors that stimulate intelligence
- A woman’s guide to scoring a smokin’ car deal
- How to change a tire and other things tough chicks know
- 15 Miracle apps that will streamline your life
- 10 Potentially fatal situations and how to survive them
- Best dogs for women who live alone
- FIGHTING 101: WHY IT’S BEST TO KEEP YOUR COOL IN AN ARGUMENT
- Lessons from the animal kingdom
- How to make money in the stock market using dating rules
- Ridiculously cool personal office spaces
- How to become a successful female chef
- Does love interfere with your career?
- Hairstyles successful women wear
- Can your makeup influence coworkers’ perception of you?
- Don’t let salesmen take advantage of you
- Ladies, this is how you negotiate a deal
- The secret to creating a resume that gets job interviews
- Yes, you can become an entrepreneur (here’s how)
- Asking for a raise: How to successfully convince your boss
- Sneaky ways to sell just about anything
- Outfits that say “I’m in charge”
Did you know 45 percent of readers would rather be single? See that and other results from our Alpha Woman Poll here.
- Woman-on-top sex positions
- GET THE STRONGEST BODY OF YOUR LIFE
- THE DESK JOB DIET
- JENNY MCCARTHY’S BIKRAM YOGA WORKOUT
- THE SECRETS OF HAPPY WOMEN
- WHY BEING SUCCESSFUL MAKES YOU HEALTHIER
- SELF-DEFENSE MOVES THAT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
- TOUGH MUDDERS: WOMEN WHO LIKE MUD AND MUSCLES
- WORKING AT HOME: THE TRICK TO MAKING IT HAPPEN
- 5 DINNER SHORTCUTS FOR BUSY MOMS
- MOM STORY: I HAVE TWO KIDS AND A PHD
- WHO SAYS YOU CAN’T BE SUCCESSFUL AND HAVE KIDS?
- HOW TO RAISE A STRONG, INDEPENDENT DAUGHTER
- THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ALPHA WIFE
- JILLIAN MICHAELS COMES OUT, PROVES TO BE AN INSPIRATIONAL MOM
- CHRISTINA HENDRICKS IS PAVING THE WAY FOR CURVY WOMEN
- TWO WOMEN JUMP OUT OF PLANE TO RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT BEING FEARLESS
- NICKI MINAJ, MARIAH CAREY AND OTHER CHICKS WHO ARE TOO TOUGH FOR THEIR OWN GOOD
- WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD WHO CHOSE TO KEEP THEIR LAST NAMES
- DEMI LOVATO AND OTHER CELEBS WHO OVERCAME ADVERSITY
- THE UNSUNG STRONG WOMEN OF HOLLYWOOD