Many retailers are offering the same Black Friday deals online as they are in stores. So if you’d rather skip the crowds and lines, do a little research and see if what you’re looking for is available online.
To save more on Black Friday, Freeshipping.org has compiled a list of coupon codes that can be used when shopping online.
Receive 15 percent off any order through Nov. 23 with coupon code BLACKFRI.
Sierra Trading Post
Take 20 percent off any order through Dec. 5 with code ALTHANKS2.
Enter promo code SHIP12 for free shipping on orders of $100 or more through Dec. 3.
Use code BLACKFRIDAY to save $10 on clothing, accessories, intimates, sleepwear, fragrance and cosmetics orders of $40 or more through Nov. 24.
Get 30 percent off any order through Nov. 25 with code GOBBLE12.
Get a coupon good for free shipping on orders of $60 or more through Nov. 30.
Save 20 percent on any purchase through Nov. 30 with code NOVTWENTYOFFSAS.
Apply code SNOW to receive free shipping with orders of $49 or more.
Shop with code 44PUBL22 for 15 percent off through Nov. 30.
Order glasses with coupon code NXDYNOV12 through Nov. 30 for free next-business-day shipping.
Take 50 percent off almost everything using promo code HOLIDAY50LB until Nov. 25.
Save five percent on fine jewelry and watches through Nov. 24 with coupon code HOLIDAY.
10 Commandments of Black Friday shopping
Mint.com, the leading online personal finance site, has put together its 10 commandments every shopper should know that will help them find the best Black Friday deals — without breaking the bank.
- Thou shalt not spend more than you have — set a spending limit for yourself and stick to it.
- Thou shalt utilize mobile apps — use apps like Shopkick, ShopSavvy, SnipSnap or Google Shopper to organize shopping lists and find the best deals.
- Thou shalt map out your shopping route — research the deals you want noting the stores’ proximities to each other.
- Thou shalt count the cost of doorbusters — determine whether the small gain is worth the overnight wait.
- Thou shalt stay hydrated — maximize shopping time by bringing your own sustenance to avoid long lines at the food court.
- Thou shalt choose the right checkout lane — as a general rule, the faster lane will be the one with fewer people who have more items than the lane with more people with fewer items — choose wisely.
- Thou shalt not flip out — keep your cool and don’t kill someone over that must-have deal, it’s just not worth it.
- Thou shalt bring entertainment — download music, a book or show to keep you entertained during long lines or if there is down time.
- Thou shalt have manners — do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Thou shalt enjoy yourself — enjoy the day in stride; enjoy the little things and have fun!