We have a total hairstyle crush on Olivia Thirlby’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Short hair is having a major moment, and being a short haired curly gal, I’m pretty happy about it! Last week, actress Olivia Thirlby showed up to the Hollywood premiere of Nobody Walks sporting an adorable wavy ‘do that caught my attention.
TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D. styled the leading lady for her red carpet debut and shared his tips for recreating the look at home!
“I was inspired by Olivia’s fun, modern and flirty dress and wanted her hair to feel the same way!” John said. “Currently she has a great chin-length bob and I wanted it to appear full of texture and body.”
Get the look:
- Start off by prepping towel-dried hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion. Spray throughout the hair, and then comb through to ensure even distribution.
- Using a small round brush, blow-dry hair. This will help encourage extra volume!
- Create a side part, and then curl hair in small sections, spraying each one once with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray. This will help lock in the wave pattern and protect hair from excess heat.
- Wrap each section of hair around the curling rod and hold out the ends to give the texture a modern feel. Stylist tip: The straighter ends add an edge to the style.
- When you’re done, take a small brush (John recommends the Acca Kappa Bristle Brush) to loosen up the waves that have set.
- Finish off the look by rubbing TRESemmé Smooth Anti-Frizz Secret Creme into palms and loosely scrunching into the ends of the style to add subtle definition.