October is one of my favorite months of the year. Why? There’s so much to do and so much room to do good for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Because everyone at SheKnows is determined to give back to the cause this month, here are a few more lovely product picks for you. Get ready for a whole lot of pink!
Support the cause in style
For the makeup and nail polish junkie
- Any makeup junkie knows you can never have enough makeup brushes, especially ones that support the BCA cause! That’s why we’re scooping up this lovely Proudly Pink Five-Piece Brush Set from Sonia Kashuk ($16, target.com). Fifteen percent of the purchase price goes directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the set is now available year round to raise even more money for the cause!
- It’s time to think pink this October! Smashbox has released Inspiration, a limited-edition hot pink Be Legendary Lipstick shade, and is donating $5 from every purchase to the BCRF ($19, smashbox.com). I’m loving the ultra-creamy formula and this gorgeous hue — aren’t you?
- Had enough pink yet? Nope, me either! This October, Dermelect Cosmeceuticals will donate 30 percent of the net proceeds from its Provocative Peptide-Infused Color Nail Treatment ($14, dermelect.com and at C.O. Bigelow in NYC) to CEW Cancer and Careers. Painting your nails for a cause? I could get used to that.
For the fragrance fiend
- Vera Wang can do no wrong in my book, so the fact that FragranceNet.com is donating 15 percent of proceeds from her Truly Pink fragrance to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation makes me even more excited.
- Don’t you just love a cute little travel candle? It helps make your home on the road feel more like home. This month, you can score the lovely Malie Organics Soy Travel Candle Tin ($18, malieorganics.com) — and all other beauty items from the brand’s Plumeria Collection! — and know that 20 percent of your purchase will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Hosting house guests this October? Perfect excuse to scoop up Caswell-Massey’s Gianna Rose Pink Ribbon Guest Soaps ($25, CaswellMassey.com)! The French-milled soaps are embossed with a pink ribbon and 20 percent of the proceeds will go to Making Strides for Breast Cancer.
For the fashion gal
- Be environmentally friendly and give back to the BCA cause at the same time? I’m down. That’s why I’m totally crushing over ClaireaBella Tote Bags’ three special edition bags ($80, toxicfox.com) this season. Each bag represents the strong women who have faced breast cancer with 20 percent of the proceeds going to The National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
- Did you know you can personalize just about anything on Vistaprint.com? Yep, even BCA t-shirts! Check out this adorable design and get an exclusive discount!
- It’s only fitting that a bra brand gets in on the BCA fun, right? During the month of October, Lula Lu Lingerie will donate 10 percent of the sales from their Kallie Lace Bra in Mulberry ($56, lulalu.com) to “Save the Ta-Tas” breast cancer awareness foundation.
More breast cancer awareness
Girlfriend power: Fun ways to support the breast cancer awareness cause with the gals
15 Must-have beauty buys for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Giuliana Rancic for Breast Cancer Awareness: Her post-surgery style tips