We have a total hairstyle crush on Tina Fey’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
OK, OK, so the Emmys were totally over a week ago, but I still can’t get over some of the fabulous looks we saw on the red carpet. Today, I’m going to pay homage to Miss Tina Fey’s lovely ‘do. I think we can all agree that Tina was looking hot on the red carpet in her body-hugging burgundy Vivienne Westwood gown! And that hair? Perfection.
Remington celebrity stylist Richard Marin created the glamorous, twisted updo, and I got the scoop from him on how to get the look for yourself at home. You can thank me later!
Get the look
“For Tina’s style this year, I went for a swept back look with an edge. I pulled the hair off the face with volume at the bangs and added twists pulled back into loose tendrils at the back of the head,” Marin said.
- Since volume is a huge part of this look, start by blow drying hair upside down.
- Next, curl with a large barrel iron (Marin recommends Remington’s Keratin Therapy 1-1/2 inch Curling Wand) to get bend.
- Backcomb the bang area of hair to get some height.
- Starting above the ear, twist 2-inch sections, drag hair back and secure with a pin at the back center. Make sure to leave the ends out, though! Repeat this process until you have a pompadour on top of the head with tight sides and the ends loose.
- Finish off the look with pomade to reduce frizz, and you’ll be ready for your own red carpet moment!