There’s nothing temp about MAC’s new “Office Hours” collection which gives you every reason to wear makeup for a long time without worrying about budging and smudging. As for the new Marilyn Monroe collection? Va va voom!
Makeup for the workplace? That happened decades ago. But makeup that really stays budge proof throughout the work day? Not a lot of brands can say they do that: MAC’s new Office Hours collection certainly can.
The Office Hours Collection
There’s nothing temporary about this collection, and here’s why we love it.
Pro Longwear has taken the word “temporary” out of makeup vocabulary. With Pro Longwear Lipglass, Eyeshadows and Blush, the Office Hours collection comes in the following shades:
Pro Longwear Lipglass ($20)
- Everlasting Nude Mid-tone warm nude (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Patience Please Light pink-blue (Cream) (Repromote)
- Long Love Love Light cool pink (Cream)
- Next Fad Mid-tone cool pink (Frost)
- Persistent Peach Light warm peach (Cream)
- Boundlessly Beige Light warm beige with pearl (Frost)
- Driven by Love Red-blue with slight pearl (Cream) (Repromote)
- Forever Rose Mid-tone neutral rose (Cream)
Pro Longwear Eyeshadow ($21)
- Ever Ivory Pale ivory (Limited Edition)
- Bloom On Light burnt rose
- Always Sunny Light yellow brown
- Uninterrupted Dark camel
- Endless Passion Mid-tone rose (Limited Edition)
- More Amour Mid-tone red (Limited Edition)
- Mauveless Dark dirty mauve
- Fashion Fix Dark cool slate gray
- Linger Softly Light frosted gray blue
Pro Longwear Blush ($24)
- Stay By Me Light peach coral
- Baby Don’t Go Light cool beige
- Rosy Outlook Light yellow pink
- Stay Pretty Light bright blue pink
- Blush All Day Light dirty rose beige
- Whole Lotta Love Light blue pink
- Eternal Sun Warm brown
- Stubborn Mid-tone rose plum
All in all, it’s a very pink collection, with lipglass shades ranging from the warm nudes to the neutral rose. The range of shades is also ideal for women of all skin tones. Best of all, the lipglass goes on nice and thick and stays true to color for a very long time!
The eyeshadows, too, are predominantly hues of rose and gray blues, which are fast becoming must-have shades for fall. They’re definitely more matte than sparkly (compared to the Electric Cool collection, this is much more matte and office-friendly). We also love the fact that these shades are innately office wearable: nothing Dame Edna-ish about them at all.
In particular, Forever Rose is a charming lipglass shade to wear on all skin tones, and is decidedly fresh (perfect for both fall and spring).
MAC’s Office Hours is available online and in stores starting Sept. 6.