Every season, the trends they set inside Lincoln Center eventually seep into the surrounding streets where real women rock real fashion. Check out these looks we spotted before heading into the shows.
The game? To make it interesting, we asked these girls about the most expensive thing they were wearing and the cheapest thing they were wearing. And guess what? Whoever thinks you can’t do stylish on a budget is wrong. All three of these street chic gals mixed splurge items with affordable pieces to create a total package of trends.
We love that she’s playing with colors and prints and keeps a cool vibe by slinging a cross body bag and never leaves home without her sunglasses.
- Occupation: Lawyer (No need for corporate attire today!)
- Most expensive clothing item: Purple, cross body Prada bag. Doesn’t it make you smile?
- Least expensive clothing item: TopShop tank — Now that’s one store every trend seeker can rely on.
- Just because: Those amazing leopard print pants are made by Zara and her shoes are courtesy of Mr. Steve Madden.
She immediately stood out because of her culture-infused, boho chic style. “I got my bag in Jamaica!” she told us. No labels here ladies — just style plain and simple.
- Occupation: Retail manager
- Most expensive clothing item: Her awesome brown bag from a boutique in Jamaica. (Are you ready to book your travel? We are!)
- Least expensive clothing item: Her sunglasses — the fun kind of sunglasses you pick up for a dollar and love forever.
- Just because: Her skirt is a bargain buy from Charlotte Russe and her earrings are from Wet Seal. Doesn’t that seem easy enough?
How could you not stop to ask this trendy chick how she put her outfit together. We all know that neons have taken over the world, and Sandra has it working in all the right ways.
- Occupation: Student (If she can do it, so can you!)
- Most expensive clothing item: Her Marc Jacobs cuff. We happen to have a huge crush on how simple and chic it is all at once.
- Least expensive clothing item: Her dare-to-be-sheer H&M blouse.
- Just because: Her pants are from H&M as well.
Check out more street style at Spring 2013 Fashion Week!