One Nail To Rule Them All: Polka Dot Nails
What better way to make a statement than with pretty polka dot nails? We love this white on green mani featuring the fun, floral twist of roses on the thumb.
- Models Own – Lime Green
- Barry M – Matt White
- Barry M – Red
- Start with your base colors. In this case, use Lime Green for your fingers and Matt White for your thumb.
- When your base is completely dry, apply the white polka dots to the green.
- Next, paint bigger dots in red on your thumb using the same technique. While these dots are still wet, use a pin or a very thin dotting tool to create a swirl in each dot. Wipe off any polish build up from your tool and repeat as necessary.
- Using your dotting tool, place green dots around the roses in order to create leaves.
- Once dry, apply a top coat to your design.
Tips & tricks
- When applying your dots, it’s a good idea to use a small plastic tray to drop nail polish onto and then dip the dotting tool into that.
- Be patient. The calmer you are, the clearer your dots will turn out.
What are your go-to nail art designs? Share in the comments below!
Watch: Nail Tips with Katie Cazorla
TV Guide star Katie Cazorla shares nail tips and trends with SheKnows.