Lea Michele was glowing at last night’s Teen Choice Awards, so naturally we wanted to steal her beauty secrets. We went straight to the source and sought out her hairstylist and makeup artist to get you the breakdown of her gorgeous look. You can thank us later!
Hair stylist: Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend
Inspiration: “For the Teen Choice Awards, I wanted Lea to look like a classic, sun-kissed California girl. I loved her Atelier Versace dress and wanted to show how a cool, young woman wears couture, so I kept her hair pretty natural with loads of texture.”
Get the look:
- Start by applying a large amount of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to damp hair.
- Next, rough dry hair with your hands and with a diffuser attachment (Mark used the one on his T3 Blowdryer).
- When hair is dry, add another dollop of the mousse and scrunch it in hair to create fabulous texture.
- Taking 4-inch sections of hair, spray Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray on hair, and then loosely wrap it around a 1-1/2-inch curling iron for a few seconds to give strands a loose wave.
- Next, spray Oribe Après Beach Spray all over while scrunching hair with your hands to create even more texture.
- Finish off with Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray all over to help keep your fab ‘do in place all night long without weighing it down.
Makeup artist: Celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis for tarte
Inspiration: “The inspiration was California cutie meets couture! We really wanted Lea to look effortlessly gorgeous, so we kept the makeup simple and concentrated on bronzed, healthy skin but took it to the next level.”
Get the look:
- Start by applying tarte’s new maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation to help create an even and glowing complexion.
- Next, pat on a bit of tarte’s maracuja creaseless concealer under your eyes and blend a tiny bit into foundation to help skin look flawless.
- Give skin a natural glow and freshness by swirling tarte’s cheek stain in true love onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Last but not least, make sure you keep skin shine-free with a bit of powder on your t-zone. Melanie recommends tarte’s Amazonian clay finishing powder. And, make sure to dust a bit under your eyes as well, to set your concealer.
- For a simple look, emphasize eyes with tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream shadow in shimmering bronze. “This added definition to her eyes while still keeping them natural looking,” Melanie says.
- Curl eyelashes to wake up your eyes, and apply two coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara to define lashes and make them look fuller without creating clumps.
- To accentuate bronzed skin, use your finger to apply tarte’s new glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick in pure. “It’s a light pink, and the creamy texture worked perfectly with her golden skin!” Melanie says.
Watch: How to get that Hollywood glow
The Hollywood glow, found on the red carpet at every award show, can be done by everyday women too. Watch as the SheKnows.com celebrity makeup artist, Allison Pynn, demystifies the secret to this well-known Hollywood trick.