Get ready to hit the beach this summer! Build out your summer swimwear wardrobe with these style essentials, and be prepared to shine poolside at a moment’s notice.
The best bikini separates
Every bikini beauty needs to have a host of separates that work together. Getting creative and personalizing your look makes getting ready to hit the beach so much more fun than just putting on the usual two-piece. Plus, having a variety of separate styles will help keep you feeling hot, regardless of the weather. Here are a few rules of thumb to go by when putting together your separates collection:
- Avoid being too matchy-matchy. Be bold with different prints and mix up your summertime looks.
- Use ruffles to play up your top and accentuate your tatas. If you have a pear-shaped body type, then this is a nice way to help even out your proportions.
- Tops with underwires are a swimwear essential for anyone who is well-endowed. They provide the support you need to stay comfortable while hanging out with friends.
- Briefs and boy-short bottoms help to hide backsides without looking like they were made for grandma.
- Folded bottoms are figure-friendly, regardless of your body shape. They aren’t too tight, so they help to avoid creating rolls or accentuating love handles.
Simple and slimming suits
Don’t let a bloated day or a little extra tummy keep you from having a lot of fun with your friends this summer. Every girl should have at least one belly-busting swimsuit to help her feel covered and confident. Ruched one-pieces are perfect for hiding a belly, and so are billowy tankinis. Look for tankinis with skirt bottoms for a little extra coverage in the back.
Control panel swimsuits are another skinny superstar and are accessible most places that sell swimwear. Bold, solid colors are always slimming. There are plenty of prints that are fun and flattering too. In fact, vertical lines and certain patterns can actually help to lengthen the torso — just avoid horizontal lines or prints that draw the eye to any potential trouble spots.
When putting together your summertime style essentials, don’t forget to include a few important accessories. Find a comfortable cover-up that will have you ready for luaus and boat parties at a moment’s notice. A cute, billowy hat helps to protect your skin from the sun and hide messy hair after a swim. Sunglasses that block 99 to 100 percent of UVA and UVB light are crucial. And of course, don’t forget your most important year-round sunshine essential — sunscreen!