5 Fun Popsicle stick crafts
Once you are done snacking on your tasty frozen freezer treats, make sure to save the sticks to whip up these fun crafts. Any one of these simple projects can be made in a single afternoon crafting session.
Supplies to make one bracelet:
- 1 large Popsicle® stick or craft stick
- 1 magazine, rolled and secured with packing tape
- Rubber bands
- Heavy pot for boiling water
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- Ribbon or string
- Submerse the sticks in boiling water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the sticks to soak in the water as it cools (for at least one additional hour). While the water is cooling, tightly roll up the magazine and wrap with tape to hold the shape.
- Once cool enough to work with, carefully remove the sticks from the water and, one at a time, bend each stick around the rolled up magazine, securing the shape with rubber bands. Some of your sticks may break or splinter at this step, which is completely normal and expected.
- Figure in extra sticks to allow for this. Wait for the sticks to dry completely.
- Once dry, remove the rubber bands. The sticks will maintain the shape of the rolled magazine.
- Cover with ribbon or twine and secure with hot glue.
- Add embellishments using hot glue. You can create varying sizes of cuffs depending on the size of the magazine and how tightly you roll it.